McCarthy / Sundt – Tank Construction – Mesa, Arizona – 2006
Matrix Service engineered, fabricated and constructed two 1.2 million gallon (67’ major diameter X 84’ overall height) egg shaped digesters (ESDs) and one 1.2 million gallon (66’ diameter X 87’ shell height) sludge storage tank. The project also included the construction of two catwalks, pipe bridges, and vessel platforms.
Matrix Service was responsible for the engineering, drafting, procurement, fabrication, and construction of the steel vessels. In addition, we provided the design and erection interface for the foundations, piping and cladding.
Egg shaped digesters are used to anaerobically treat municipal sludge. The benefits of ESDs include operational advantages over conventional low-profile, cylindrical digesters. ESDs promote greater mixing of digester contents, elimination of grit and scum accumulation, and elimination of gas leakage. Additional benefits are reduced heating costs and reduced land-area requirements.
Scope of Work
- Engineering, drafting, procurement, fabrication and construction of steel vessels
- Design and erection interface for the foundations, piping and cladding
- Two 1.2MM gallon egg shaped digesters: 67' d x 84' h
- One 1.2MM sludge storage tank: 66' d x 87' h
- 2 catwalks, pipe bridges & vessel platforms