A HIGHER STANDARD IN CLEAN ENERGY
Matrix Service’s sister Company, Matrix PDM Engineering is a company of choice for engineering, constructing, and maintaining the energy and industrial infrastructure that people rely on around the world.
Leveraging our 65 years of legacy expertise in the engineering and design of cryogenic infrastructure, our industry-leading subject matter experts have experience in multiple engineered sphere products, specialty vessels, and steel plate structures. Matrix is well-positioned and experienced to be your engineering partner in the realization of a carbonless energy source: hydrogen (H2).
We provide unrivaled expertise in cryogenic engineering and technologies, and team with construction partners to provide complete solutions for customers that seek storage and terminal solutions to support their hydrogen projects. In North America, Matrix will typically complete construction; abroad, we partner with equally revered construction companies.
Hydrogen has unique properties: It is a very light product that must be cooled to cryogenic temperatures approaching absolute zero to be stored as a liquid. Hydrogen has its challenges: it’s the smallest molecule to contain.
Our proven track record in hydrogen storage includes our most recent commissioned project where Matrix PDM provided Engineering services for the first hydrogen sphere to have been built in the U.S. in the previous 20 years.
They are currently completing engineering studies for cryogenic hydrogen spheres that will be more than twice the size of any hydrogen sphere previously built.
- Conceptual design and feasibility studies
- Front End Engineering and Design (FEED)
- Detailed design
- Engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC)
- General contractor and construction
- Integrator of production, liquefaction, and fueling technologies
Typical Project Scopes
- Liquid hydrogen sphere design, fabrication, and erection
- Hydrogen liquefaction integration
- Construction of steam methane reformers (SMR)
- Electrolysis installation
- Carbon capture installations and retrofits
- Green hydrogen feed conversion or installation for green ammonia production
- Plasma gasification hydrogen production installation
Consumer & Production Facilities
- Refineries (crude to renewable diesel)
- Landfill and biogas conversion to hydrogen
- Steel mills (direct reduced iron (DRI) blast furnace replacements
- Glass and aluminum manufacturers
- Power generation
In the News
CHART INDUSTRIES AND MATRIX SERVICE COMPANY EXECUTE COMMERCIAL HYDROGEN MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
Jan. 12, 2021 – Chart Industries, Inc. (“Chart”) (Nasdaq: GTLS), a leading diversified global manufacturer of highly engineered equipment for the industrial gas and clean energy industries today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) with Matrix Service Company (NASDAQ: MTRX) for the development of standardized hydrogen solutions in North America, including hydrogen liquefaction plants, marine bunkering, fueling stations, plant expansions, storage expansion, spaceship fueling and other hydrogen related facilities. Matrix Service Company (“Matrix”) is a leading contractor to the energy and industrial markets across North America. Through its subsidiaries, Matrix provides engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction (“EPFC”), as well as maintenance and products to the energy and industrial markets, with specific experience engineering, procuring and constructing cryogenic and pressure storage vessels, terminals and related balance of plant facilities which complements Chart’s extensive hydrogen liquefaction and equipment offering. READ MORE.
How can we help with your next hydrogen project? Submit the form below and we’ll reach out.