Giant Industries, Inc. – Diesel Hydro-Treater (ULSD)
Matrix Service provided turnkey construction for the addition of a diesel hydro-treater unit as part of Giant Industries, Inc.'s Yorktown Refinery Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) project. The diesel hydro-treater unit consisted of a new 1000 psi 12,000 BBL/day DHT using Process Dynamics Isothermin technology.
When the initial project was awarded, the scope of work included concrete foundations, erection of 280 tons of structural steel, installation of 7,400+ linear feet of large-bore process piping and 13,500+ linear feet of small-bore process piping, equipment installation and subcontractor management. The equipment installation included reactors, heat exchangers, catalyst, pumps, stripper, coolers, steam piping with supports, aerial compressors (gas), heater, MCC, emission monitors and run-off collection.
Matrix Service was then awarded additional scope of work which included the flare stack foundation, setting the flare stack equipment, setting an electrical building, hot tap vaults, installing outside battery limits (OBL) underground piping and OBL foundations, piperack steel and additional piping.
Scope of Work
- Turnkey construction of a diesel hydro-treater unit
- (1000 psi) 12,000 BBL/d DHT
- Concrete foundations
- Erection of 280 tons of structural steel
- Installation of 7,400+ LF of large-bore process piping
- Installation of 13,500+ LF of small-bore process piping
- Equipment installation: reactors, heat exchangers, catalyst, pumps, stripper, coolers, steam piping with supports, aerial compressors (gas), heater, MCC, emission monitors and run-off collection
- Subcontractor management
- Flare stack foundation
- Setting the flare stack equipment
- Setting an electrical building
- Installation of outside battery limits, underground piping and OBL foundations, piperack steel, additional piping