LIQUEFIED NATURAL GAS PEAK SHAVING FACILITY 2021 – Client Confidential
Matrix Service Company was awarded the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) for a greenfield liquefied natural gas peak shaving facility in the southeastern United States. This facility will help our client, a natural gas provider, continue to provide customers with a reliable supply of natural gas during peak usage days, when low temperatures create a higher-than-normal demand.
Through the first half of construction, Matrix subcontracted over 40 local vendors for a total expenditure of over $35M helping support the local economy. Additionally, for this project, Matrix hired a peak of 175 Matrix employees, in addition to 10-12 new permanent jobs.
Scope of Work
- 60-acre storage facility
- 1 double wall, single containment LNG storage tank
- Inner tank: 9% nickel
- Outer tank: carbon steel
- Elevated pile cap supported by 1,904 piles
- 1 billion-cubic-foot (Bcf) net working capacity with provision for a future second tank
- Facility will be able to serve approximately 100,000 homes on a cold day
- Construction began May 2019 with an estimated completion date of summer 2021